Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Essaouira

For the last week of the trip, all the Legacy International kids are reunited in Essaouira. This is a beach town on the Atlantic Ocean. We still study and all that but we're staying in a hotel instead of home stays. 

Every day is pretty relaxed and a little more independent. We wake ourselves up, we get ourselves breakfast (from the hotel), get ourselves to school, etc. We're still supervised a lot of the time, but it's a different feeling than being dependent on a host family. 

We have two hours for lunch and we can go wherever we want. (Don't you worry, guys, we still have a government stipend). We also have about 3 hours of free time in the afternoon. It's really enjoyable. We can walk around the medina, go to the beach, go shopping, buy REALLY good shawerma, whatever we want. 

Today, though, we had the afternoon off. This meant 8 hours to do anything. I did some crazy shopping, about 4 hours actually. Shopping in the souqs are different and takes a while because of haggling. Which I did a lot of. I think I said "ana taliba" or "I'm a student" about 8,000 times today. I successfully got a djellaba price from 400 dh to 230 dh. I saved 11 dollars on Moroccan salt and pepper holders (because I bought five). And I walked away from more than one teapot. 

Rug store I unsuccessfully haggled in. 

It's interesting to be back with the kids that went to Marrakesh. It's kind of strange to go from the group dynamic of 12 people to the group dynamic of 29. 

I've been pretty good at budgeting my time. I do whatever after school: go shopping, to the beach, both. And study after dinner (both Arabic and AP World History). I've been really productive. I do my homework, get some reading done, and I reorganized my terribly packed suitcase. 

I like the fact that I can walk everywhere I need to go. This makes it really easy to get stuff done. It's also beautiful. The weather is nice. Windy, but id take that of liver humidity any day. 

Walking through the souq with my friends. 

False alarm at our hotel restaurant that overlooks the ocean. 

Candid af. 

Learn something today. 

Corie. 

10 comments:

  1. Get Outlook Support Canada 1-888-582-4887, call at 1-888-582-4887 and get technical support and our team will assist you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Good Post, call at Toll free Outlook Technical Support Phone Number Canada And call at Outlook Support Canada 1-888-582-4887 for quick support if you are facing issues with your Outlook account in Canada and USA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you draw images of what you read in the text to support your ideas.
    โคนัน เดอะมูฟวี่

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing valuable information nice post,I enjoyed reading this post.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping in USA has become much easier with the help of international shipping that has brought customers closer to a better living.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for giving the information. This blog is very helpful. I learned a lot from this I hope you will keep sharing such information in the future also.
    visit site

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for giving the information. This blog is very helpful. I learned a lot from this I hope you will keep sharing such information in the future also.
    Netflix bellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing, I am very happy to know your blog. Here are some blogs I would like to send you. Please don't delete the link, hi
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    កីឡាបាល់ទាត់​ អនឡាញ





    ReplyDelete
  9. สล็อต PGSLOTแตกง่าย เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อต pg slot ออนไลน์บนโทรศัพท์เคลื่อนที่ที่มีเกมนานาประการให้เลือก เป็นเกมรูปแบบใหม่ที่ทำเงินให้ผู้เล่นได้เงินจริง 

    ReplyDelete